Are You & Property Properly WIRED?!
To be certain that the plumbing and electricity are up to snuff in your bathroom, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the water pressure satisfactory?
- Do the pipes make a banging noise (known as water hammer)?
- Do the drains flow slowly?
- Are there any unusual noises or smells in the drains?
- Is the electric wiring safe and adequate?
- Is the lighting good enough to light the area?
If you are faced with any of the above issues, consider the following techniques to better the situation:
- Install water pipes with a larger diameter to allow for greater flow, or use pressure balancing valves.
- Provide your plumbing an air cushion to get rid of the water hammer.
- Make certain that your drainage system is sufficiently vented, and that the proper traps have been installed.
- Unclog any drains that used to drain more quickly, and are now slow to flow.
- Have an electrician inspect your electric wiring. Have the wiring upgraded for safety reasons, if required.
- Update the lighting in the bathroom so that it is adequate for the space.