What problems arrise from bathroom moisture?
Moisture is inherent to any bathroom, and yet it can be a real pest for creating a grimy appearance, encouraging mold or mildew growth, damaging your decorating, and creating other problems.
Look around your bathroom, and ask yourself the following moisture-related questions:
- Are any of the finishes moisture-damaged?
- Are there visible waters stains on any surfaces?
- Is there any mold growth on any surfaces?
- Is there any paint blistering or peeling?
- Are there any swollen, buckled, or rotten surfaces?
- Is any of the grout or caulking chipped, cracked, or peeling?
If you have answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then go over the following plans of action that may be ideal for your bathroom issues:
- Determine if any of the moisture is coming from building leaks, plumbing leaks, or high levels of humidity. Fix the cause of the moisture if at all possible.
- Repair or replace the damaged or deteriorating parts of your bathroom.
- Remove any visible mold growth with a quality cleaning product that is specific for that purpose.
- If possible, keep the window open to increase ventilation and release excess humidity.
- Replace or repair grout caulking, and maintain it to prevent water from escaping.